In this lesson let’s discuss how to keep your subscribers interested, engaged and coming back for more.
When your business provides a great product or service that satisfies customers, it increases the chance that they will end up becoming a repeat customer and buy from you again. And they may also recommend you to other people and that could generate more business for you and your site.
This alone can drive more traffic to your site, where you can persuade them to subscribe to your list. Then you can send them a series of emails including newsletters, site updates, special offers etc.
The benefit of using email as your marketing platform is that you can reduce the high costs of other types of advertising. After all, email is cheap (or even free if self hosted) and if you can manage to make your own promotional advertisements, you can also save money there too.
If your list is full of interested subscribers you can be pretty sure that your emails are being received, viewed and read by your subscribers and not simply being deleted, because they have signed up to your list and consented to receive it.
This is a great way to keep reminding them about your business, products and services as well as any promotions and special offers you may have. There is also the possibility that they may be forwarded to their friends or colleagues who may in turn become potential customers for your business.
And don’t worry too much about unsubscribes; they happen and are a part of any business. Just make sure that your subscribers are satisfied with the information you provide and this will keep them interested in receiving your email.
Here are few tips to keep your list interested and engaged:
- Make it easy to opt-in. Provide easy instructions for them to follow and don’t ask for too much information up front; an email address is fine. Make sure you reinforce all of the benefits that they will get out of their subscription.
- Make your emails interesting and entertaining. Find out what people are interested in, and this way you can send them information that you know they will be excited to receive. This means that they will look forward to your emails. For example, if you are selling dance wear, let them know what is new and trending in the dance world.
- If you want to build a profitable mailing list, you need to offer something to your subscribers that they really want. Quality content is very important. Be sure that the information you’re sending your readers provides value and helps them.
- Write informative and engaging content. If your subscribers enjoy reading your email, they will be much more likely to click on your links to find out more. This results in more traffic to your website and ultimately more sales for your business.
- If you’re not a great writer, don’t worry as there are many professional and experienced writers that can be hired for a small fee. They will know what they’re doing and they can create content for you but it is important that you communicate well and tell them exactly what you want.
In the final post we will be discussing how to use articles and free reports to build your list.