It’s time for the third post in the list building tutorial. Today we are going to go over some quick tips that you can use to build your optin list the right way.
As we have discussed before, an optin list is one the best, most effective ways that you can build your business and increase your profits. It can mean the difference between just staying in business and having a successful and profitable business.
As you now know, an optin list basically is just a list or a database of names and email addresses of people who have visited or made a purchase through your website. This “golden” list will allow you to send updates, emails or promotions to those who are subscribed.
Building a list can definitely work to your benefit. It helps you stay in contact and build a good relationship with your subscribers, which can lead to more sales for your business.
Here are some quick tips you can use to build your optin list:
– You should put a ‘subscribe link’ or ‘subscribe box’ on your web site. It is advisable to put it on all your pages. Then make sure that it is strategically positioned, meaning it has to be easily located by the visitors. The upper right hand corner of the page would be a good position.
– Promote your website and promote it even more to make give it more exposure and to get more subscribers.
– Come up with contests or give away freebies and goodies that will require visitors to give out their email address to be able to join.
– Give out information, articles and updates to your subscribers with your links in it. Make sure the information is timely and relevant to your business.
– Offer free courses to your visitors. This will help build your list and maintain a good relationship with your subscribers.
– Do some networking. Join some forums or groups and build relationships with the people there. Social media sites like Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn make this so easy and it’s a good way to add more contacts to your list.
Don’t send bulk email to people who haven’t subscribed to your list. This is spam! Always get permission from people before you add them to your list, or you could ruin your reputation.
Don’t flood your subscribers with information that doesn’t pertain to the reason they subscribed to your list. They will only get annoyed and unsubscribe. You worked hard to get them on your list, so treat them right and keep them there.
As your list grows, make sure that you maintain it well. Keep in contact with your subscribers. Send them updates. Give out special offers, helpful tips and little gifts to let them know you appreciate them.
There are many benefits of having a large list of subscribers. They can keep you in business, help you grow and you will definitely enjoy the profits when they come in.
That’s it for today’s post. In the next post, we will be talking about how to keep your subscribers interested, engaged and coming back for more.